Monday, March 8, 2010

a sensitive rooster


Dear Chicken Nugget,

I feel sick today - stuffy, runny nose, and general malaise (look it up!).  Something you're going to learn as you grow up is that your father is a whiner a baby  a little sensitive, but only when it comes to being sick. 

I enjoy life, little Nugget.  I love having great energy and going out for runs and generally keeping a positive attitude about most things.  But when I'm sick I have trouble keeping the energy levels up and doing the things I want to do.  So, I put on my "sick face," as your mom calls it.

I'll curl up on the couch with my baseball blankie (which I've had since I was seven and I hope you will inherit), half-watching the TV, half-napping, and just waiting for the sickness to go away.  If you ever have the chance to see me in this sorry state, your best bet is just to keep walking.

You'll never hear me arguing about who is stronger, women or men, because my own pathetic sensitive nature during an illness takes me out of contention.  I do believe women are stronger.  If you ever need evidence, ask your mom about the day you were born (which as of this entry is yet to happen, but I'm sure will be epic).  Also, ask her to tell you about the day she and I raced the Staten Island Triathlon in 2009. 

And while you stand in awe of what your mom and other women can do, be kind to your father wrapped up in his blankie.  He's just a little sensitive.

Eternally yours,

Your papa

No comments:

Post a Comment