Friday, March 26, 2010

college basketball

Dear Chicken Nugget,

Sometimes my students will ask me how I know so much about the world and I jokingly answer that, "I know everything."   They get a good laugh out of that one.

Despite having won two March Madness Bracket Tournaments in a row a few years ago, the truth is I know nothing about College Basketball.  Nothing.

Little Nugget, I went to New York University (NYU) where the Division III team goes by the name Violets.  Intimidating, isn't it?

NYU doesn't even have a Football team.  So, College Sports will never be a strength for me.

Every March for March Madness I fill out a Bracket and learn a little bit about the teams involved and then rely on pure luck.  If you ever come to me for advice, well, don't.  Don't ever come to me for advice on College Basketball or any other college sports.

Oh, but I do know one thing is true... never ever follow a team named after a flower.

Eternally yours,

Your papa

No comments:

Post a Comment