Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Work stinks

Dear Chicken Nugget,

Work stinks!  It's not the actual work, I love teaching, and I love teaching science.  It's the idea of "work" in general.

I went back to work full-time on Monday, September 20th, just 14 days after you were born.  It was rough.  It's still rough three days later.

I had to leave you and your mom at home.  I had to leave; that's where it gets tough.  I love spending time with you and your mom.  Even when you sleep, I enjoy just watching you.  So when I have to leave it breaks my heart.  I would much rather watch you sleep than go to work.

Luckily, your mom's parents, Grandma Sue and Grandpa Dale are here visiting for the week.  They've spent a good amount of time with you, playing with you, taking pictures of you, and watching you while your mom naps.  They've allowed your mom to rest during the day, they've made her lunch, and made sure that we have a good dinner.  We couldn't ask for more. 

It makes me a feel better knowing that there's loving people looking after you and your mom when I'm away during the day.  Still, you occupy my thoughts throughout the day.  During class, in between class, during lunch, after school, all my thoughts are with you and your mom.

When the day ends, I've been cramming in as much work as I can so that I don't have to take it home with me.  When I get home, I just want to spend time with my family.

It will continue to be hard, going to work, but I have to.  There's lots of diapers and baby wipes and doctor's visits that need to get paid for.  I don't mind working to help pay for those things since they're for you.  I just don't like that I have to leave you to do it.

Maybe I can become a virtual teacher some day...

Until then, I miss you tremendously.


Eternally yours,

Tu papa

No comments:

Post a Comment