Sunday, September 5, 2010

my baseball blankie

Dear Chicken Nugget,

This morning was chilly here in NYC and I woke up and wrapped myself in a green baseball blankie I've had since I was seven.

The blanket was part of a bed set but only the blankie survived the years and many apartments.  It's not particularly pretty but it carries memories.  The blanket is grass green with a huge baseball player swinging a bat on a baseball diamond background, along with the logos of all the baseball teams that existed at the time - including the Montreal Expos.

The blanket may not be considered a collector's item but it's special to me.  I love that blanket.  It's yours as soon as you're old enough to have a big kid's bed.

In the meantime, I'll continue to treat it well and keep it from your mom's well-meaning hands (she has a tendency to want to wash the baseball blankie...really).


Yours eternally,

Tu papa

No comments:

Post a Comment