Thursday, September 30, 2010

our feet

Dear Chicken Nugget,

I have the terrible burden of telling you about our feet.  I say our feet because, even though it's a little early, it looks like you inherited my feet.  Your feet look like miniature versions of mine.  Sorry about that.

My feet are a size 10.5, sometimes even an 11.  They are ridiculously flat and carry long skinny toes.  Actually my second toes are as long as the pinkies on my hands.  My littlest toe (the pinky toe) has a perpetual hangnail.  And, due to the last six years of running, I also bear some rough spots, callouses, and other marks of a runner's foot.

Despite all this, I think I have some pretty good looking feet.  Your mom disagrees.  She seems to think my feet look like built-in flippers. 

Mom can get away with it, but don't let anyone else tell you that your feet are ugly, abnormal, or inhuman.  Sure, they're not biomechanically efficient and may prevent you from becoming an Olympian but I think you have mighty fine looking feet.

Plus, your arches may still form in a year or two.  So, unlike your dad, you still have a chance.


Eternally yours,

Tu papa

No comments:

Post a Comment