Saturday, September 18, 2010

my tickle spot

Dear Chicken Nugget,

When your mom and I fall asleep she often finds a way to put a hand on my arm, back, or side.  It's a reassuring, comforting touch as we drift off to sleep... until, she tickles me.

I am ticklish.  And, I don't like being tickled.  As she falls asleep, your mom has this strange thing she does where she taps her fingers almost as if typing on a keyboard.  This "typing," if it happens on my side or belly elicits an immediate flinch and, reportedly, a whine.  We've been married for over two and a half years and we still haven't figured out a way to prevent it.

This morning, I learned that you inherited her ability to find my tickle spot.  You had just fallen asleep on your mom and her back was starting to hurt from sitting up with you.  We put you on my chest and you sank into a deep slumber.  Your left arm was tucked in under your little face and your right arm was straight down along your side. 

I picked up a book from my nightstand and I didn't notice when that right arm fell down my side and landed on my ribs.  A few pages into the book, I felt your little fingers tapping at my ribs... just like your mom would do!  I was able to sustain my flinching reflex and my inevitable whine to ensure that your little baby body didn't go flying across the room.

I'm going to have to watch out for your little "typing" fingers. 

And you, sir, need to watch out for my revenge...

Eternally yours,

Tu papa

No comments:

Post a Comment