Monday, January 31, 2011

napping with you

Dear Chicken Nugget,

Yesterday I came home early from church to help take care of you.  With teeth working their way through your gums, you've been having some fussy periods.

I came home to a screaming baby Nugget.  You wanted to be held close.  You had little patience for any activity and preferred to just be in arms.

When I saw the signs of your getting tired, I cradled you, and rocked you in the rocking chair.  The apartment got quieter as your lids grew heavier.  I put you down in our bed and laid next to you, my hand on your chubby leg, and you feel asleep.

As I got up to sneak away, you opened your eyes and grabbed my shirt tight.  I laid back down, you still holding my shirt, and watched you fall back asleep.  You wanted me to stay with you.  I did.

I ended up taking a nice 45 minute nap with you.  It was wonderful. 

I woke up to the sounds of a screaming Nugget.  Eh. 

I still love you, though, and I absolutely love napping with you.


Eternally yours,

Tu papa

No comments:

Post a Comment