Sunday, August 15, 2010

I am a Spartan!

Dear Chicken Nugget,

Today I completed The Spartan Race.  Your dad is a Spartan (at least according to some race organizers who made loads of money off wannabe weekend warriors).

Your mom came out to cheer and my friend, Bob, came out to race as well.  It was a fun race with 14 obstacles.  I climbed an 8-foot wall with no help (though it did take a couple of tries).  I ran up and down sand dunes.  I climbed a cargo net, hopped some 4-foot hurdles, and crawled through mud under barbed wire.  There was also some spear throwing, wall climbing sideways, and climbing a greased wall.  Oh, and there was the part where two huge guys dressed as Spartans tried to beat me with padded jousting sticks right before crossing the finish line.

I hope they keep this race around long enough that you'll be able to join me.  I'd love to run alongside you.  And then one day, we can both be Spartans.  Together.


Prepare for glory,

Tu papa

No comments:

Post a Comment