Sunday, August 22, 2010

Be the best

Dear Chicken Nugget,

I haven't written about this yet, but I have a side project from my regular teaching career.  I am an Arbitration Advocate.  I help represent colleagues from the teachers' union and try to get them their jobs or benefits back.

I've been thinking a lot about this and it's one of those jobs where you have to be your best all the time.  Much like teaching.  And, a lot like parenting, I imagine.

In an arbitration hearing someone's career may be at stake.  In teaching, there's 25 kids wanting to learn.  And as a parent, there's you.  You're going to demand the best, I will do my best to be the best, or more.

If I should fall short on occasion, I'll have your mom by my side to whip me back into shape.  I fully expect parenting to be hard and I can't wait to take it on.

And, when the time comes, I hope to lead by example and help you be the best at whatever it is you want to be the best at.


Trying my best,

Tu papa

No comments:

Post a Comment