Monday, July 12, 2010

World Cup Break

Dear Chicken Nugget,

Once again, I find myself writing after a long hiatus.  I apologize for the lack of letters over the last few weeks.  I do have a good excuse though, the World Cup!

Nugget, the World Cup 2010 just ended yesterday (Spain beat the Netherlands, 1-0, and are now the World Champions) and the next one won't happen until 2014.  By the time the next World Cup comes around you will be around four years old and on your way to school, God-willing. 

I hope that by that point you will be able to join me in watching the excitement that is World Cup soccer.  I hope that you'll enjoy futbol as much as I do. 

I'd like to think that my letter writing won't drop off during the World Cup 2014, but I make no promises.  The good thing is that you'll already be around and understanding most of the words coming out of my mouth.  So, even if letters aren't being written, you'll be experiencing the action alongside me.

Now that the World Cup is over, I'll use the free time I spent watching soccer to instead build furniture for your room, clean out the apartment, and get other things ready for your arrival.

I'm looking forward to sharing World Cup excitement with you in four years!


Eternally yours,

Your papa

No comments:

Post a Comment