Thursday, July 22, 2010

Baby wants to party

Dear Chicken Nugget,

Your mom and I have been having dreams about you, your birth, and life with you.  These are the typical dreams that a lot of new parents have; mostly due to pre-birth anxiety. 

Last night I had a really unique dream that I want to share with you.  In my dream, I saw your mom going into labor and it seemed to catch us by surprise.  Then, Patrick Swayze's voice boomed down from above and said, "Baby's coming early.  Baby wants to party."

I don't know if this is a message from above (Patrick Swayze, a famous actor of our generation passed away just last year) or if it's just a subconscious mash-up of recent events and thoughts.  Just a few days ago your very pregnant mom and I reenacted the last dance scene from the movie Dirty Dancing, starring Patrick Swayze.  So combine the movie with pre-birth excitement and you have a recipe for a great dream.

Or, it could be that Patrick Swayze is giving us a heads up.

Either way, we can't wait to meet you, Nugget.  You get here when you want to get here.  We'll be ready for you.  And, if you want to party, we're ready to party with you.


Eternally yours,

Tu papa

2 comments:

  1. I am going to choose to believe that Patrick Swayze's spirit was just super happy to see you and Wendy dancing and having the time of your lives ;) and that he's letting you know your Nugget will be a happy baby!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Baby wants to party! Why not!!

    My son came out so quick, the doctor was literally running down the hospital hallway to get in there and catch him

    ReplyDelete